At the antenatal clinics,116 women registered. Topics such as hygiene, diet, and exercise were discussed and physical monitoring of the mothers-to-be was carried out.
The numbers attending the health centre and maternity unit have increased. At the request of the local people, the Sisters have extended the work to include a model farm and an ambitious programme to train young farmers to improve their income through better farm practices.
From the beginning, the people embraced us warmly, working with us every step of the way to achieve a vibrant health centre and a growing outreach of services.
This mission is a model of close cooperation with the local farmers to improve nutrition in the villages.
MMMs in the Republic of Benin are involved in:
- Health education in the health centre, villages, churches, and schools
- HIV activities
- Work with physically challenged people
- Family planning education
- Home visits and pastoral activities
- Birth in a field and other memorable events
- Challenge of typhoid in Benin
- Empowering women in rural Benin
- New Year Baby avoids orphanage
- Zaffe health centre serves 7000
- A seed has grown in Zaffé.